Italian Freestyle Frisbee Championships 2009
27-28 June, Parma
Open Pairs Finals
1. Clay Collerá/Claudio Cigna (44.7)
2. Giovanni Coppo/Valerio Occorsio (42.46)
3. Antonio Cusmá/Matteo Feller (42.09)
4. Andrea Poli/Manuel Cesari (42.06)
5. Matteo Gaddoni/Marco Prati (40.57)
Open Co-op Finals
1. Andrea Poli/Manuel Cesari/Marco Prati (44.63)
2. Antonio Cusmá/Matteo Feller/Clay Collerá (41,28)
3. Giovanni Coppo/Silvia Caruso/Fabio Percario (39,57)
Spirit of the Game
Valentino De Chiara
Open Pairs B-Finals (top team enter finals)
1. Matteo Gaddoni/Marco Prati
2. Silvia Caruso/Emmanuele Faustini
3. Fabio Percario/Riccardo Sanna
Open Pairs Semifinals (top 2 teams enter finals)
1. Claudio Cigna/Clay Collerá
2. Giovanni Coppo/Valerio Occorsio
3. Riccardo Sanna/Fabio Percario
4. Emmanuele Faustini/Silvia Caruso
1. Manuel Cesari/Andrea Poli
2. Matteo Feller/Antonio Cusmá
3. Marco Prati/Matteo Gaddoni
Open Co-op Semifinals
1. Manuel Cesari/Andrea Poli/Marco Prati
2. Antonio Cusmá/Matteo Feller/Clay Collerá
3. Riccardo Sanna/Lorenzo Sforza/Matteo Gaddoni
1. Giovanni Coppo/Silvia Caruso/Fabio Percario
2. Claudio Cigna/Emmanuele Faustini/Valerio Occorsio
Dave and Amy Schiller announced the new Beachstylers OB09 tournament, to be held in San Diego on November 14 and 15. This will be the first beach tournament in San Diego since 2003.
Beachstylers’ first day will feature 4 events: Open (traditional routine style competition), Turboshred (individual shredfest), Airbrush Race, and a new event called Mob Op Idol. In Mob Op Idol, players will jam with whomever they want then vote for one another in a boatload of categories like Disc Dude Deluxe, Disc Diva Deluxe, Seal-O-Matic, Lucky Sieve, Kinder Setter, Death Jammer, and Juju Meister.
On the second day, there will be two casual events and a lot of jamming. Ring or Regular, inspired by an Ocean Beach style of play with an 88 gram regular, lets teams work the disc in the wind for as long as possible and punishes catch attempts. Pro Flow is a variation on speed flow.
Dave and Amy promise more info over the next few months.
Vagolino 2009 is already over!! We had great times with more than 25 players and a lot of new people interested to our beloved sport! Party was hard and we enjoyed the city in every hour of the day and situation!
Here the results – we had a monster routing from Vagolino 2009 champions!
1) Valerio "Wall" Occorsio – Giovanni Coppo (46.9)
2) Antonio "Piccio" Cusm‡ – Matteo Feller (42.5)
3) Matteo Gaddoni – Tommy Leitner (42.2)
4) Manuel "Rufus" Cesari – Marco "Cega" Prati (35.3)
5) Fabio "Perkins" Precario – Emmanuele "White Fang" Zanardi (33.3)
6) Matteo "Da Prez" Ceresa – Andrea MarcianÚ (33.1)
7) Danilo Torzolini – Ennio Scrimieri (31.1)
Thanks to the generosity of Doug Korns, the FPA has loaded 13 videos from the 2001 World Championships onto the FPA YouTube Channel. In the future, the FPA hopes to add more unpublished archival footage plus instructional pieces that help players of all levels enjoy freestyle.
During May, an infamous Paganello semifinal video was finally released to the hounds, Claudio Cigna rose to a lifetime best #7 open ranking, and Anne Goh won her second beach tournament in a row. Who could have imagined that all these events would be eclipsed by what may be the freestyle story of the 21st century: the arrival of Jammer Mom.
On May 24, she gave herself a 76th birthday present and stepped onto the beach for her long-anticipated freestyle tournament debut. As she had done many years ago, she carried her son (a young upstart named Paul). She has a lifetime dropless record in competition. She is the most senior freestyler ever listed on the Women’s rankings (at #45). She is…Jammer Mom!
UK Freestyler John Coxhead recently participated in his University’s Talent Show ‘UCLAN’s GOT TALENT’. Under the moniker of Frisboy, John out-performed the other 50 acts and took 1st place in the contest! A video of his performance at the live final (which took place in 1500 capacity venue) can be seen below.
As a result, the profile of Frisbee Freestyle was hugely boosted across the the university campus which is home to 30,000 students.
His winning routine at the live final is also his audition for a bigger, national competition called ‘UNI’s GOT TALENT’. The event, which is due to get full TV coverage, will be a fantastic opportunity to publicise Frisbee Freestyle all over the UK. Please VOTE at this link (it’s free!) to get Frisboy entered into the Grand Final… http://www.unisgottalent.com/video/133/Frisboy–UCLAN