Piccio Cusmá and Andrea Meola upset the favorites, Clay Collerá and Fabio Sanna, to win the 2006 Vagolino despite an injury to the leg of Piccio in an earlier round. I still haven’t heard the whole story, but it must have been a dramatic performance to overcome what sounds like a painful leg injury.
June 10-11, 2006
1. Piccio Cusmá/Andrea Meola (68.402)
2. Clay Collerá/Fabio Sanna (67.9)
3. Matteo Gaddoni/Luca Medri (61.99)
4. Claudio Cigna/Paolo Magni (60.471)
5. Vale Accorsio/Giovanni Coppo (56.033)
6. Manuel Cesari/Andrea Poli (55.779)